Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Q Learns a Lesson

As I have bragged before my grandson Q plays football.( number 28)



He is even a captain of MMS Panthers.

He lives and breathes football. He is so into football that he has been letting his school work slide a little. My daughter Megan told Q that if he didn't catch up his school work and stop getting into trouble from not having his homework she was going to go spend the day with him at school. Q laughed it off thinking his mom would never do anything like that. Megan let it go for a week and he still hadn't caught up on all his school work. Being the mom that she is she took the day off work (she works in a very busy doctors office so it wasn't easy) and went to school. She went by the office to let them know what she would be doing and then opened the door of Q's first class. She told the teacher she was Q's mom and was there to hang out with him all day. From what I was told Q was wanting the floor to open and swallow him up. After class he told his mom to go home but she told him he was there for the day. She went to every class.  Guess you know Q got all his work caught up and has been doing his homework every evening with no more problems. Teachers, Coaches, and Megan are happy. Q is just making sure she doesn't have reason to embarrass him like that again. He now knows when mom says something she means it. I just love it! Megan was my wild child growing up. The one that challenged me the most and I just love that she is now dealing with things from a mom's point of view (and doing a great job I might add). Wild Child, I am very proud of you. You rock!

9 comments:

Mike said...

wtg Mom. I'll bet Q won't be calling your bluff again.

TexWisGirl said...

wow. that's a good woman/mom!

Anonymous said...

Good for her! Q, keep up the good job and make mom and grandma happy for both your studies and football!

Anonymous said...

My Dad football in school but he mostly did baseball in high school and college though.

Blessings,

Amy

Leigh said...

Good for Q! The football photos made me smile because the reminded me of when my son used to play football. He loved it too.

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Woo hoo, good for Wild Child Momma... these days to many parents turn the other cheek, expecting the school to handle it. Yeah!

Rain said...

Wow and Yayyyyy for Meagan/mom!! You ROCK!!! The world needs more moms -and dads-like this!! And someday Q you will realize how lucky you are!! This is LOVE!! Have fun with football and other sports-cause I know your grades will there!!

Rachel said...

I loved how your daughter handled that one! She is very clever!

I loved your squirrel story too and laughed at you jumping around and squealing! You probably scared the poor thing half to death!! haha!!!

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

There are lots of ways to show love and attention for you child. Q will be telling his children and grandchildren of the day his mother showed up and school and what a loving mother she was.