Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Kuma's Resting Place


I was able to spend most of the day (inbetween care of the animals) in the herb garden. I cut some pineapple basil and chives to fill a dehydrator. The dehydrators will be running 24/7 now that herbs are growing so well. I have a batch of chamomile/coconut oil salve in the works, ready to pour tomorrow. All the herbs from last year have came back big and strong except my lavender. It is over 4 years old so have planted a new one. The new herbs I planted this year are starting to take off. Had a nice shower of rain this afternoon that really helped all the gardens. I worked some on Kuma's grave in the corner of the herb garden. I planted a ton of sunflower seeds at the foot and on the outside the fence at the head of the grave I planted a lilac bush. There is a birdhouse, bird bath, and bird feeder in that corner and its a nice sunny spot. Think she would be happy I picked that spot. I took her sign off her doghouse to hang over her marker. It's weather worn but until I make a new one seems to fit perfectly. All I have left to do is cover the grave with white pea gravel. I love going out and sitting in the herb garden every chance I get. It is so peaceful and now Kuma is there to bring me special memories.
Love and miss you Kuma girl.

5 comments:

A.K.W. said...

Glad you got some work done! Hugs to you, I know how it is to say goodbye to those beloved pets since we just had to have our Great Pyrenees put to sleep a couple months ago.

Amy

TexWisGirl said...

aww. that is really sweet. i have 2 horses buried in the pasture behind the barn and 2 dogs and a cat buried next to the shed/garage. i keep fake flowers on all of their graves, but nothing as sweet as this.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh how sweet, Peggy.... Kuma was SO loved --and I know that he is missed...What a wonderful tribute and resting place for him...

God Bless..
Hugs,
Betsy

Rachel said...

Just catching up and so sorry to hear about Kuma. He was blessed to have you for a foster Mom and such a nice place to live!

Your herb garden sounds like it's doing well. I love lavender! It smells so nice.

Leigh said...

I am so sorry to hear about Kuma. Your herb garden is a wonderful resting place.