Thursday, January 3, 2013

Coming To An End

For some reason there are words highlighted in my post that if you click on them take you to ads. I didn't do it and don't know how to delete it. Am sorry and please don't click on anything highlighted in this post.

My time here in my beautiful NC mountains is coming to an end. Being here with daughter Melody has been more relaxing for me instead of helpful for her. She found out just how strong she really is and didn't need mom as much as she thought. I got to spend a wonderful Sunday afternoon with all 3 daughters and most of the grands. Lots of laughter,talking, and eating with everyone getting along. I got to attend several church services with Melody and Megan. What a blessing to attend Grace Baptist Church. A lovely Christmas service with a couple of solos by young talented children. A awesome  gospel singing and service to bring the New Year in with lots of yummy finger foods made by church members (of course I took some of my brown sugar cookies). I enjoyed the preaching, the bible studies, and the Sunday school lessons. There was one sermon our whole family felt like the pastor was talking directly at us...good sermon! I did a little thrift shopping, got a much needed haircut at a super sale price of $6.99. Did lots of reading and too much eating. Caught up on movies and TV shows. Enjoyed short walks with Rusty and just being able to be with and talk with daughters and grands. Tonight I will be spending night at Megan's and having fun with Quintin, Gabs, and Skyler. Tomorrow night will find me packing and getting ready to head home Saturday. As much as I am going to miss being here I am looking forward to going back to the homestead. Animals need some of my love and attention. Christmas decorations need taking down and put away. Chicken and goat pens need raking and cleaning as well as bleaching water bowls. Housecleaning, laundry, and just getting back into routine makes me content. William needs help with fencing and in just a few short weeks kidding season will start.  I wouldn't miss that for the world. Yes, I love these beautiful, awesome mountains that I was born and spent most of my life in, but there is no place like Hidden Haven Sweet Homestead.

5 comments:

Finn said...

What a wonderful, blessed opportunity to re-connect with so much that you love Peggy! I feel joy just reading your words *VBS*
So very happy for you all and I am looking forward to finding you again, back at your Hidden Haven Homestead. Wishing you and yours the happiest and healthiest of New Years, Hugs, Finn XXX

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sounds like an absolutely PERFECT Christmas vacation for you, Peggy... But--as great as vacations can be, there's just nothing like HOME... SO--I can feel your emotion when talking about both...

Have a safe trip home.
Hugs,
Betsy

Carolyn said...

Glad your visit was enjoyable. Have a safe trip home. :)

Kelly said...

Those mountains have always called to my soul. There is no place like them on earth. No place more beautiful. Home will be sweet and I know you are greatly missed. Glad you got to spend time with family.

Rachel said...

What a wonderful visit with your family and mountains you love! I know the critters back at Hidden Haven are missing you, and will be thrilled when you return. Happy New Year!!!