Saturday, January 12, 2013

Imitation Potato Salad

William and I put on a few too many pounds over the holidays and been doing the 3 day military diet. You have a strict diet for 3 days and then eat normally the other 4 days of the week. First week William lost 7 and I lost 8 lbs. While being on the 4 day normal eating I came across this one in Backwoods Home magazine and loved it. Taste almost exactly like potato salad. Monday will find us back on the 3 day strict menu but still have tomorrow to try and enjoy new recipes.

 Imitation Potato Salad   This tastes just like the real thing, but is much lower in calories and nutritious, too.   Ingredients:
 2 (10 oz. each) packages frozen cauliflower
 2 hard boiled eggs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup low far mayo
2 TBS bacon bits
salt and pepper

cook cauliflower according to package, mash then cool in fridge for 30 minutes. Boil and chop eggs. Add eggs and other ingredients to cauliflower and combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recipe sounds good... but could you share more about the diet? I'd like to try it.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

That is amazing, Peggy... I would never think that cauliflower would EVER taste like potatoes.. I'll have to try that... Thanks for the recipe.

So proud of you all.
Hugs,
Betsy

Kelly said...

My daughter loves mashed cauli with bacon,cheese and onion on top. She swears it taste like a loaded potato.
Congrats on the weight loss. You two are doing great.

Buttercup said...

What a great idea. I picked up six pounds and so far four are gone. Mostly cutting down on carbs and I find my cravings are much, much less. You're inspiring. Cheering you on!